Job Title: Team Leader
Reporting To: Store Manager / Owner
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Work Days: Varies dependent upon weekly schedule
Weekends will be necessary.
Work Hours: 40+ hours per week.
*May be extended when increased work load is required
Who is a Team Leader?
You will be coordinating a team of 2 - 10 employees. This means making sure that every cup of tea and plate of food is up to our standard. You'll be doing a lot of training, and re-training. This requires patience and diligence. We're relying heavily on you to keep team morale high, and to make Asha an even better place to work.
What are the job responsibilities?
- Training, both informal and formal. You should be able to easily connect with people.
- Ensure that all staff are operating under the store’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Recognize and implement improvements to day to day operations by being candid and providing open constructive criticism.
- Maintain accurate financial records including daily sales results, monthly inventory, and cash drawer reconciliation.
- To embrace new challenges and willingly take on additional duties as assigned.
Are there requirements for this job?
- Experience: Work experience relevant to retail store management is preferred. Nonetheless, we evaluate experience on a case by case basis and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply. To better assist us in understanding how your diverse experience will help you excel in this position, we welcome you to write us a brief cover letter.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. We believe that current ability, passion, and integrity are critical for success in this position, yet we also value education and will give due merit to those higher education.
- Personality: We’re looking for someone who is firm yet friendly, determined yet lighthearted, and empathetic but not afraid of confrontation.
- Physical: This job requires extensive standing, walking, using hands to reach or feel. It may also require kneeling, crouching, or crawling. The ideal candidate will be in good physical shape and not be afraid to get his/her hands dirty.
Who are we?
Our mission is to make quality tea a part of the average American's everyday routine. We will serve the highest quality tea, in ways familiar to Americans, and at prices that everyone can afford. We envision seeing a construction worker in overalls waiting in line next to an executive wearing a suit and tie. Our iced and flavored tea products will be a very familiar introduction for Americans who wouldn’t try fine tea otherwise. We are resolute in carrying out this mission because we believe it's time America had it's own tea house.
The following guiding principles will aide us when making decisions and taking actions towards achieving this goal:
1. Apply only the highest product quality standards to all of our tea.
2. Provide a work environment that fosters open communication and respect for one another.
3. Go above and beyond to make the Asha customer experience special.
4. Make a commitment to always address impact on community and environment.
5. Recognize that financial success is also necessary to fulfill our mission.