Job Title: Team Member (Tea Mixologist / Cook)
Reporting To: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Work Days: Varies dependent upon weekly schedule
*Ability to work weekends will be necessary
Work Hours: Full Time: 40+ hours per week
Part Time: 20 - 30 hours per week
*Hours may be extended when increased work load is required
What is a Team Member?
Our team members make everything happen. We make the food and tea as best as we know how, and are always hungry to improve our skills. We remember as many of our customers names as possible. We adapt to the changing flow of customers, providing each patron with her own tea experience.
You'll be involved with customer service and education, store ambiance, and menu development. Asha's goal is not only to develop our team members individual skills, but also your teamwork and leadership capabilities. We aim to prepare you to take the next step in your career.
What are the job responsibilities?
1. Embracing the demands of all customers.
2. Knowing when to talk to customers and when to leave them alone.
3. Honest and sincere communcation with other empoyee's to ensure that the entire team is doing the same.
1. Continually practice techniques related to crafting and enjoying tea and tea food pairings.
2. Develop delicious new food items and tea beverages.
3. To willingly take on additional job duties as needed, including getting your hands dirty.
Are there requirements for this job?
• Experience: Relevant work experience is beneficial but not absolutely necessary. To better assist us in understanding how your diverse experience will help you excel in this position, we welcome you to write us a brief cover letter.
• Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. We believe that current ability, passion, and integrity are critical for success in this position, yet we also value education and will give due merit to those higher education.
• Personality: We're looking for individuals that have a passion for learning, and a strong desire to take on increasing levels of job responsibilities.
• Physical: This job requires extensive standing, walking, using hands to reach or feel. It may also require kneeling, crouching, or crawling. The ideal candidate will be in good physical shape and not be afraid to get his/her hands dirty.
Who Are We?
Our mission is to make quality tea a part of the average American's everyday routine. We will serve the highest quality tea, in ways familiar to Americans, and at prices that everyone can afford. We envision seeing a construction worker in overalls waiting in line next to an executive wearing a suit and tie. Our iced and flavored tea products will be a very familiar introduction for Americans who wouldn’t try fine tea otherwise. We are resolute in carrying out this mission because we believe it's time America had it's own tea house.
The following guiding principles will aide us when making decisions and taking actions towards achieving this goal:
1. Apply only the highest product quality standards to all of our tea.
2. Provide a work environment that fosters open communication and respect for one another.
3. Go above and beyond to make the Asha customer experience special.
4. Make a commitment to always address impact on community and environment.
5. Recognize that financial success is also necessary to fulfill our mission.