- We source our teas directly from growers that practice organic and sustainable farming techniques. Tea is the core of our entire business, so it's crucial for us to develop personal relationships with the individuals responsible for harvesting and processing the teas we serve*
- But it's not just our tea that matters. Knowing exactly what goes into each drink that we sell is a big deal to us, which is why we make almost** everything from scratch
- In fact, when Asha opened in 2012, we were the first to flavor our tea with house-made fruit purees and gimlets made from fresh, local and seasonal fruit
- We even go as far as making our own condensed milk from scratch using antibiotic- and rbST-free milk from Clover Stornetta Farms
- P.S. Our simple syrup is made from scratch too, using real cane sugar
*We firmly believe in meeting these individuals, seeing their operations and tasting their teas in person. It's a time-consuming and expensive way of doing business when we can easily buy our tea from distributors, but we believe that this is the only way to know exactly who we are doing business with, and where our tea is coming from.
We also love sharing our sourcing experiences with you, so head on over to Tumblr to read more!
**Unfortunately, tea doesn't grow very well in California